Thursday 13 August 2009

Hurt and Heartbroken

Hey!!

Well this is very personal to me! I was in a relationship until this year.

It started off all love and happiness! As you do, i thought he was "The one". Sure, it was a bit unusual to others relationships, but it wasnt desperatly out of the ordinary. And i was happy. We would spend lots of time together, enjoy each others company! It was great!

Then, after months of being together he started to get all horrible. It all went so badly wrong! He started being a bit rough at first, a bit controlling. Then it all blew up in my face! Spiralled Out of controll. Before i knew it i was in too deep, 16 years old - in a domestically violent relationship and i was in a really bad place in my life! Lost a lot of my friends for one reason or another. Was very unpleasent! He would do many different things to me. Hitting, threatening, rapeing, controlling me. Luckily i am out of it now! And safe and happy =) and learnt so much from this experience! Now i know what to look out for and i will make sure it doesn happen again!

So many women go through this! Many arnt so lucky, and will die as a result of domestic violence and belive me - There was times i thought i was going to! Its very hard for women in this situation to admit what is happening to them. Before all this happened, i would see adverts for domestic violence or hear about someone it was happening to and think "Shes so silly!! Why doesnt she just leave him?!" - I understand now! You a stuck there out of fear. They maintain such control over your mind. They trick you, play mind games! I was scared for both mine and my familys safety. The only way to keep them safe was to put myself through pain and keep this man happy!

I want to discuss what different kind of things go on in domestically violent relationships! I went on a course kind of thing, bit like group therapy. Where they help you understand things and you get the oppertunity to talk to other women who have experienced the same thing! I met some amazing people there, its hard to belive what they suffered!
So stay tuned for some more info on it =)

If you are suffering from domestic violence - get out! It takes so much strength and courage but it will be worth every second of it! You are 10 times better than any man who can do that to you!
Tell a friend, or family member! My mum found out about mine and confronted me about it and i just broke down in tears. Partly because i was ashamed of what had been happening to me, partly because i was so happy that finally, someone else knew and it would go away now! It would stop.

I still think about it even now. But how could i not? This is a major thing that happened in my life, its made me who i am today and i like that person! Some days it is harder than others but all i have to remember is that no matter what i feel now - its not as bad as the real thing! Honestly, looking back now i have no idea how i coped!

All Women Who Have Overcome Domestic Violence Amaze Me!!
You Are All Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment